Whooping Cough (Tdap) Vaccine $59
Whooping cough has reached epidemic proportions in California
According to the California Department of Public Health, this year there have already been far more number of cases then the total number of cases in 2013. The numbers continue to climb too.The Tdap vaccine protects you against three bacterial illnesses:
Pertussis, Tetanus and Diphtheria
Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is a highly contagious respiratory disease. Pertussis is known for uncontrollable, violent coughing which often makes it hard to breathe. According to the Centers for Disease Control:
- Up to two in 100 adolescents and five in 100 adults with pertussis are hospitalized or have complications, including pneumonia.
- Last year the disease reached epidemic proportions in California resulting in nearly 9,500 cases and the death of 10 infants.
Who should get the vaccination?
- Students entering seventh though 12th grades are now required by California state law to be vaccinated against whooping cough. Students will need to show proof of having received a booster shot after the age of 7 or they will not be allowed to start school.
- Everyone between the ages of 11 and 64 are urged to get the vaccine, especially adults who are in contact with children.
- Pregnant women to protect their babies.
What to expect at your Sutter Express Care visit
- We’ve made it very simple for you. Sign in at the front counter and complete the registration form. No appointment is necessary.
- Review the vaccine information sheet.
- Our clinician will give you the vaccine and answer any questions you might have. It only takes a minute or so.
- We’ll give you proof of your visit and send it to your primary care physician. That’s all there is to it.
Don’t wait until the last minute. Our Sutter Express Care clinics are open 7 days a week and you don’t need an appointment. Play it safe. Get immunized today.